CHOOSE DELAVAN-DARIEN SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Delavan-Darien School District serves the communities in the Delavan-Darien area which includes nine different municipalities. We have four schools; Delavan-Darien High School (Grades 9 - 12), Phoenix Middle School (Grades 5 - 8), Darien Elementary School (Grades 3 & 4), and Turtle Creek Elementary School (Grades 4K - 2). In addition, we also have the Delavan-Darien Virtual Program (Grades Kindergarten - 12). Together, the staff in our schools educate about 2000 students from September through early June. We also have a summer school program, called Comet Summer Camp, for all grade levels.
Delavan-Darien has a very diverse student body, especially considering it is in a largely rural area. Many of our students and their families are also bilingual, speaking both English and Spanish.
Delavan-Darien has a 1:1 (one to one) chromebook computer program for all grade levels, a full-fledged Dual Language Education program, many advancement placement programs and a top notch music program!
SCHEDULE A TOUR
Schedule a tour of your new school by contacting the school office directly:
Delavan-Darien High School | 262-633-6600
DD Technical School | 262-633-6600
Phoenix Middle School | 262-633-6500
Darien Elementary School | 262-633-6400
Turtle Creek Elementary School | 262-633-6300
Privately-run Child Care is available at the former Wileman Elementary School through the TLC Little Comets Learning Center. Childcare hours are from 5:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. for children ages 4 weeks to 12 years of age. For more information about TLC Little Comets Learning Center call: 262-725-7743
SCHOOL REPORT CARDS
Beginning in the 2012-13 school year, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction began giving individual school “report cards” to show areas where schools in Wisconsin excel, or where additional work is needed. The report cards uses standard measures across all state schools in an attempt to give an accurate comparison between schools and districts.
For more information, visit the DPI School Accountability website.
The report cards assigned to the Delavan-Darien School District are available on the DPI Report Card website.
For the 2018-19 school year, reported in November of 2019, Delavan-Darien School District was in the “Exceeding Expectations” category.
* Due to COVID-19 pandemic there is no accountability report for the 2019-2020 school year. So, there are no 2019-20 school accountability reports to provide. Also, Darien Elementary was closed for the 2018-2019 school year so there is no accountability report for Darien during that school year.
The Delavan-Darien School District has completed the Strategic Plan for 2019-20. We are encouraging the community to review it through this link Strategic Plan
• Make the plan more user friendly and accomplishable
• Identify teams to create action items
• Develop solid actionable items
• Identify people who will be held accountable to the action items
• Develop timelines
• More public involvement and understanding
Strategies based on Board and Leadership Retreat and previous Strategic Plan
1. Effective communication, collaboration and trust with all stakeholders
2. Shared implementation of Standards, effective instructional practices, and use of data
3. Increase enrollment and participation in school events / activities
4. Ensure student social emotional well being and successful transitions
5. Maintain fiscal responsibility