BE112 BUSINESS CONCEPTS TC
Course: BE112 Business Concepts TC
Grade: 9, 10, 11, 12
Type: Standard, Potential College Credit
This is a year-long course that requires selection of both semesters: S1 and S2. Gateway Technical College Students will discover what business is, does, and how it impacts everyday living. Students will develop characteristics, habits, and practices that will make effective and forceful workers. The class is broken into two phases: basic economics and personal economics [taxes, careers, marketing, and budgeting]. Basic economics is a study of economic systems, the various ways that nations produce goods and services to meet the wants and needs of people. Economic problems that face businesses will be reviewed, including inflation, recession, depression, and international trade. Personal economics is a study of economic problems faced in the enterprise systems. Topics include careers, good buying, types of taxes, and simple investments.
- Compare and evaluate the different types of economic systems within our global economy
- Differentiate between business structures and illustrate the benefits and drawbacks of each
- Describe the impact of consumer motives on purchasing choices
- Evaluate sources of and cost of credit
- Create an effective marketing plan and publicity campaign
- Analyze career options and opportunities within the world of business
If you take this course, you must also take BE112-S2 – Business Concepts S2
Notes: Students may receive transcripted credit for this course from Gateway Technical College.