FC325 Intro to Health Occupations
Course: FC325 Intro to Health Occupations
Grade: 10, 11, 12
Subject Area: Family and Consumer Sciences
This course provides an overview of the health care industry. Students will identify characteristics of various health care service areas. The student will acquire essential knowledge, skills and attributes necessary to be employed in the health care industry. The class will focus on ethics, confidentiality, epidemiology, legal issues, responsible behaviors and spoken and written communication. The student will investigate roles and responsibilities of a variety of health career options within the health care industry.
- Identify the various potential occupations in the healthcare industry
- Explain the job responsibilities of the various occupational roles in the healthcare industry
- Describe the educational requirements for the specific profession
- Develop job seeking skills
- Identify attributes of healthcare occupational career
- Discuss legal and ethical concepts related to the healthcare industry
- Demonstrate professional behavior
This course is a required prerequisite in order for a student to take CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) and/or EMT through a post secondary institution.