LA083 English 10
Course: LA083 English 10
Subject Area: English, Special Education
Type: Special Education
This is a year long course that requires selection of both semesters: S1 and S2. This course focuses on assisting students in their continued development of basic reading and writing skills. Students in this course will analyze sources and validity, short stories, poems, and novels. Students will learn to create essays using templates and sentence starters.
- To cite text evidence from fiction and nonfiction reading in order to make inferences.
- To demonstrate the understanding of the differences between fact and opinion in writing.
- To summarize materials in own words.
- To produce a five paragraph essay, using sentence starters and organizers, containing a topic and conclusion paragraph as well as three supporting paragraphs.
- To continue to develop and utilize new vocabulary as a means of improving overall communication.
If you take this course, you must also take LA083-S2 – English 10 S2