BE332 Consumer Law TC
Course: BE332 Consumer Law TC
Grade: 10, 11, 12
Subject Area: Business
Type: Standard, Potential College Credit
Laws are a part of everyday life. Explore your legal rights and responsibilities. Discover how law relates to you and to business; its history, its natures, and types, and its place in society. Areas of study include how laws were formed, procedures in civil and criminal cases, making contacts, terminating contracts, responsibilities of minors, being a consumer, purchasing power, purchasing insurance, and personal and real property rights. Gain knowledge of legal problems and develop the ways to analyze, evaluate, and resolve legal disputes.
- Analyze legal terminology, concepts, and precedence’s and their impact both on personal life and business situations
- Differentiate between the jurisdictions of various court systems and describe civil and criminal court procedures
- Analyze the elements of a contract to determine if a valid contract exists
- Summarize the legal rights of citizens and identify corresponding responsibilities of citizens
- Explain federal and state laws that afford consumer protection
Notes: Students may receive transcripted credit for this course from Gateway Technical College.