AG421 Landscape Design TC
Course: AG421 Landscape Design TC
Grade: 9, 10, 11, 12
Subject Area: Agri-Science
Type: Standard, Potential College Credit
In this class students will be introduced to the elements of home and commercial landscaping. After learning basic techniques, students will make use of a CAD based design program used in the industry today. Students will also utilize digital cameras to take pictures of their home and develop a landscape plan. Students will gain knowledge of shrubs and trees commonly used in landscapes. Anyone interested in landscaping, drafting or designing their own landscape will benefit from this class.
- Apply principles of the landscape design process
- Demonstrate landscape presentation graphics techniques
- Establish requirements of the commercial inventory survey
- Incorporate technology into the landscape design process
- Examine specialty garden styles
- Explore the use of water features in the landscape
- Analyze hardscape options in the landscape
- Identify plant materials for landscape installation
- Calculate landscaping cost estimates
Students may receive transcripted credit for this course from Gateway Technical College.