DDSD NOVEMBER 2022 REFERENDUM INFORMATION
ON THE BALLOT: Ballot Text: Shall the School District of Delavan-Darien, Walworth and Rock Counties, Wisconsin be authorized to exceed the revenue limit specified in Section 121.91, Wisconsin Statutes, by $3,800,000 per year beginning with the 2023-2024 school year and ending with the 2026-2027 school year, for non-recurring purposes consisting of operational costs to maintain class sizes, employ School Resource Officers, and support curriculum and instruction? Yes or No
OUR GOAL IS TO:
• Continue to provide security by employing School Resource Officers
• Maintain current program offerings
• Continue to offer small class sizes
• Remain competitive with a shrinking employment market
WHAT IS THE COST? The school tax is estimated to increase by approximately *$39 per $100,000 of property value for the first year (2023/2024), and is expected to decrease for the following three years.
WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO BE FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE?
• Reduced our transportation costs
• Reduced health insurance costs
• Rebuilt our fund balance to reduce business line of credit
• Wrote numerous grants to support programs
• Increase Sponsorships
• Started a Charter School to increase future enrollment
• Partnered with a daycare provider to increase enrollment
Click here to see exact figures.
Attend informational community meetings and make an informed decision.
• October 17th at 6:30 p.m., Phoenix Middle School
• October 25th at 6:30 p.m., Darien Elementary
• October 27th at 6:30 p.m., Phoenix Middle School
Get more information and FAQs at: www.ddschools.org/referendum or call 262-233-6800.