In addition to our regular classroom learning, the Delavan-Darien School District offers a variety of unique and special programming options to meet the needs of learners at all ability levels.
We know there’s no “one size fits all” approach to learning, so we’re using these alternative methods and additional tools to help all students be successful in our schools.
- Project GLAD (Guided Language Acquisition and Design) is a set of research-based strategies that teach content while also focusing on teaching appropriate language-acquiring skills.
- Call A Comet is a student-employee program for students with special needs age 18-21 who have graduated and still need work and life skills training.
- The Comet Creations Fab Labs at DDHS and Phoenix Middle School offer state-of-the-art teaching on state-of-the-art equipment. They prepare students for careers in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
- Our Dual Language Education Program (DLE) is the only one of its kind in Walworth County. Students become bilingual, biliterate and bicultural in English and Spanish languages!
- Destination Imagination is an organization that teaches creativity, teamwork and problem solving to students.
- Project Lead The Way is a pre-engineering program that prepares students in math, science and technology to enter the field of engineering;
- Community volunteers read together with elementary students in the popular R.E.A.D.S. Program;
- Reading Recovery gives students one-on-one reading help to quickly increase reading levels and abilities;
- Reawakening Individual Student Excellence (R.I.S.E.) gives DDHS students a second chance at graduation by teaching competencies in a non-traditional classroom setting and requiring real-world work or service experience.
- The Rock-Walworth County Head Start program provides comprehensive child development services to economically disadvantaged children and families, with a special focus on helping preschoolers develop the early reading and math skills they need to be successful in school.