DDSD November 2018 Referendum Information
Originally On the Ballot
Ballot Text: Shall the School District of Delavan-Darien, Walworth and Rock Counties, Wisconsin be authorized to exceed the revenue limit specified in Section 121.91, Wisconsin Statutes, by $2,800,000 per year for four years, beginning with the 2019-2020 school year and ending with the 2022-2023 school year, for non-recurring purposes consisting of operational costs to reduce class sizes, and support curriculum and instruction?
What DOES the Operational Referendum cover?
- Hire 18 staff to reduce class sizes
- 6 Teachers grades 1st – 5th @ approximately $79,784 with benefits
- 12 Teachers grades 6th – 12th @ approximately $79,784 with benefits
- Offer competitive programs to meet state standards
- Update curriculum materials to meet today’s state standards
- Open and collateralize a line of credit to provide vital cash flow for ongoing operational needs
More specific details below or click here to view as a separate document:
What IS THE Cost?
The school tax is estimated to increase by approximately *$75 per $100,000 of property value for the first year (2019/2020), and is expected to decrease over the next three years.
*Based upon enrollment remaining flat and a 2.8% property increase
Delavan-Darien School District had great marks in Walworth County [LINK TO DISTRICT REPORT CARD PAGE] on the state’s School Report Card ratings for 2018-19. The district’s score of 76.8 shows the schools were “Exceeding Expectations!” The score was a few points away from the highest category of “Significantly Exceeds Expectations.”
Delavan-Darien High School did increase it's score for the third consecutive year, with a school score of 73.8. That’s higher than numerous surrounding high schools.
The district achieved high scores primarily as a result of high student academic growth in the areas of reading and math at all tested grade levels.
DDSD Points of Pride 2018-2019
- FULL DAY 4K programming.
- 13 Advanced Placement Courses offered for College Credit. Including courses in Human Geography & US History for freshmen and sophomores.
- Low student to teacher ratio.
- Offer Adventure Education (I & II) as a course due to our high ropes course.
- Offer a full line of CTE courses, featuring Woods (construction), Metals and Auto Mechanics) in addition to a great Agriculture program.
- Wrap Around Licensed Daycare in our Early Childhood, 4K and 5K
- State recognized CLC (Community Learning Center) program supporting our 1st through 4th graders after school in Reading, Math, and Hands-on Science.
- Award-Winning Music Department (Vocal Music, Instrumental Music & Orchestra).
- District received Exceeds Expectations score of 76.8 on 2018-19 State Report Card. Meanwhile, Delavan-Darien High School has increased its rating for the 3rd consecutive year and also Exceeds Expectations with a 73.8 score in the 2018-2019 school year.
- Only Choice Dual Language Program in Walworth County 4K - 6th Grade.
- Provide a staff that is dedicated to every individual student, working hard to support each individual.
- Provides Personalized Learning.
- Variety of athletic offerings in high school.