The Delavan-Darien School District serves the communities in the Delavan-Darien area. We have four schools—Delavan-Darien High School, Phoenix Middle School, Turtle Creek Elementary School (Grades 1-4) and Wileman Elementary School (Early Childhood, 4-year-old Kindergarten, and 5-year-old Kindergarten). Together, the staff in our schools educate about 2000 students from September through early June. We also have a summer school program for all grade levels.
Delavan-Darien has a very diverse student body, especially considering it is in a largely rural area. with about 47 percent Caucasian students and about 48 percent Hispanic students. Many of our students and their families are also bilingual, speaking both English and Spanish.
Delavan-Darien has a 1:1 (one to one) chromebook computer program for all grade levels, a full-fledged Dual Language Education program, many advancement placement programs and a top notch music program!
School Administration Center
324 Beloit St.
Delavan, WI 53115
Privately-run, in-school Child Care is available for Wileman Elementary School students through the Delavan Nursery Center. Childcare hours are from 11:20 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. for 4-year-old kindergarten students. Students in the 5-year-old kindergarten program are also eligible for Child Care from the end of the school day until 5:30 p.m.
For more information about Child Care: 233-6218
|School||Bus Drop-Off||School Start||School End|
|7:10 a.m.||7:30 a.m.||2:43 p.m.|
|7:10 a.m.||7:30 a.m.||2:46 p.m.|
|8 a.m.||8:20 a.m.||3:35 p.m.|
|8 a.m.||8:20 a.m.||3:35 p.m.|
Half-Day Morning 4K
|8 a.m.||8:20 a.m.||11:20 a.m.|
Half-Day Afternoon 4K
|12:30 p.m.||12:35 p.m.||3:35 p.m.|
School Report Cards
Beginning in the 2012-13 school year, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction began giving individual school “report cards” to show areas where schools in Wisconsin excel, or where additional work is needed. The report cards uses standard measures across all state schools in an attempt to give an accurate comparison between schools and districts.
For more information, visit the DPI School Accountability website.
The report cards assigned to the Delavan-Darien School District are available on the DPI Report Card website.
For the 2017-18 school year, reported in November of 2018, Delavan-Darien School District was in the “Significantly Exceeding Expectations” category.
* The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction was specifically prohibited by state law (section 115.385(1m) of the state statutes) from publishing a 2014-15 accountability report. So, there are no 2014-15 school accountability reports to provide.
The Delavan-Darien School District is in the process of updating our Strategic Plan in 2019. We are encouraging the community to be involved in the process.
- Make the plan more user friendly and accomplishable
- Identify teams to create action items
- Develop solid actionable items
- Identify people who will be held accountable to the action items
- Develop timelines
- More public involvement and understanding
Strategies based on Board and Leadership Retreat and previous Strategic Plan
- Effective communication, collaboration and trust with all stakeholders
- Shared implementation of Standards, effective instructional practices, and use of data
- Increase enrollment and participation in school events / activities
- Ensure student social emotional wellbeing and successful transitions
- Maintain fiscal responsibility