Scholarships and Financial Aid
The Delavan-Darien School District is supported by more than 70 scholarships annually, through the Delavan-Darien School District Foundation, the Borg Foundation, scholarships offered by families through the School Administration Center, and scholarships offered through local organizations, businesses and other groups.
The Borg Foundation was established in 1959 by George W. Borg. It is the oldest foundation that financially supports the district. Today, it awards students with three scholarships, totaling more than $15,000 annually.
The Delavan-Darien School District Foundation was founded in 1972 through the efforts of Wally Zimmerman, a longtime athletics director for Delavan-Darien High School. The Foundation’s purpose then, and today, is to promote education in the Delavan-Darien School District through the granting of scholarships. The Foundation awards dozens of scholarships totaling more than $50,000.
Students and teachers often partner with local organizations and businesses to foster relationships and encourage learning. By working together, the district and the following organizations have helped to enhance the education of our students.
To redeem scholarships please click this link.
Local Scholarship Meetings:
Informational meetings about local scholarships will be held:
- Monday, March 2, 7 a.m. and 2:45 p.m., Room 607
- Tuesday, March 3, 7 a.m. and 2:45 p.m., Room 607
Seniors must attend one of these four meetings to receive local scholarship information.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 3 p.m. Friday, March 20, 2020
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD: 2020 Local Scholarship Book
The Local Scholarship Book contains directions about applying for scholarships, as well as a list of all local scholarships and their eligibility requirements.
- This list is provided as a courtesy and may not reflect all potential scholarships. Students are encouraged to research other scholarship opportunities from non-local sources.
- Most scholarships listed in the local scholarship book are from Delavan-Darien area donors, companies, service organizations, etc. Actual giving of the scholarship is the choice of the donors. Some scholarships may be listed and applied for, but may not be awarded.
- Keep in mind there are additional scholarship opportunities available from outside agencies as well (companies, post-secondary institutions, other non-profit foundations/organizations, etc). See “Other Scholarships” below section for additional opportunities we have discovered.
Students are encouraged to research other scholarships on their own.
STEP 2: DECIDE HOW TO APPLY (for local scholarships. SEE LINKS BELOW)
Apply Online (* Students MUST complete the form online. Scholarship Is Automatically Submitted When Complete. Students MUST Be Logged In To Their School Email Before Viewing/Completing The Online Application.)
Follow the application instructions included on either the online application or the downloadable paper application. Only apply for scholarships for which you believe you are eligible. Refer to the Local Scholarship Book for clarification. Fill out the forms entirely. Read the instructions carefully. Give careful consideration to all of your answers. Proofread, Proofread, Proofread!
Complete the online form no later than: