BE360 Employability Skills
Course: BE360 - Employability Skills
Grade: 11, 12
Subject Area: Business
This class provides the training and preparation necessary to succeed in an entry-level job at a business in our community. The students participate in a career exploration and job project, including completing application forms, writing resumes, and participating in mock interviews. Topics in the areas of human relations, oral and written communications, computer applications, financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and international business are developed and enhanced. Emphasis is placed on work ethic and attitude. The students will also have the opportunity of job shadowing in their career path.
- Analyze career opportunities based on students’ interests and skills
- Prepare cover letter and resume and complete job application form
- Participate in mock interview
- Create a portfolio containing representative samples of student work
- Examine the steps involved in communicating in the workplace
- Assess potential challenges in international business
Notes: This course is a prerequisite for work release.