BE122 - Keyboarding Applications TC
Course: BE122 - Keyboarding Applications TC
Grade: 9, 10, 11, 12
Subject Area: Business
Type: Standard, Potential College Credit
Strong keyboarding skills are critical for the jobs of the future. Students will develop accurate “touch” keyboarding skills and work at increasing their typing speed throughout the first half of the semester. During the second half of the course, students will learn skills that include producing professional looking business documents such as letters, memos, reports, outlines, tables and a resume. In addition, students will learn word processing functions in Microsoft Word.
- Improve keyboarding techniques
- Increase keyboarding speed and accuracy
- Key and format letters, memos, reports, outlines, and tables
- Develop or update a resume
- Complete a job application form
- Summarize issues with Internet safety
Notes: Students may receive transcripted credit for this course from Gateway Technical College.