AR750 AP Studio Art: Draw/Design
Course: AR750 AP Studio Art: Draw/Design
Subject Area: Art
Type: Accelerated, Advanced Placement, Articulated Credits
This is a year-long course that requires selection of both semesters: S1 and S2. potential college credit This course is geared toward for the serious art student who is considering a post-secondary degree in the visual arts, a career as a fine artist, an art educator, or who wants the challenge of a rigorous art program that allows the student to pursue their individual artistic vision. This course offers students the potential to receive college credit by submitting a portfolio for review by the College Board. If the student chooses not to submit a portfolio they will still receive advanced credit. The course will address three major concerns that are constants in art production:
- a sense of quality in student work
- student concentration on a particular visual interest or problem
- student need for breadth of experience in formal, technical, and expressive means.
Students signing up for this course are expected to take the AP examination.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the requirements of the AP Art portfolio
- Understand, utilize, and identify the elements and principles of design
- Identify and discuss major topics in art history; ancient to modern
- Create the Breadth portion of the portfolio; 12 pieces of artwork that exhibit strong skill and technique within a broad range of subject matter, technique and media
- Create the Concentration portion of the portfolio; A series of 9-12 pieces of artwork that shows the investigation of a theme or problem proposed by each individual student
- Demonstrate the ability to consistently create strong work with a high level of craftsmanship inherently integrating the elements and principles of design
- Critically analyze, evaluate and compare personal work with the work of others in a written format as well as participating in regular oral group critiques
Two studio level courses
If you take this course, you must also take AR750-S2 – AP Studio Art: Draw/Design S2
Notes: Students will need an 11 x 14 sketchbook.