AG251 Phys/Earth/AG Science TC
Course: AG251 Phys/Earth/AG Science TC
Grade: 9, 10, 11, 12
Subject Area: Agri-Science
Type: Standard, Potential College Credit
From the soil to the food we eat, students will study the science involved in these areas. We start with the wonder of the soil and its ability to support life on this planet and move to the basic science of many of our foods. There will be many labs and activities in this class. If you don’t mind getting your hands dirty and then washing up for supper, come on in! This class can by applied as a 1/2 credit Physical Science equivalency in order to fulfill the graduation requirement. Students may receive transcripted credit for this course from Gateway Technical College.
- Evaluate the physical properties of a soil
- Amend soil for plant growth
- Prepare potting media for container plant growth
- Prepare a soil sample for evaluation
- Analyze soil sample for nutrients and pH
- Describe the process of hydroponics
- Evaluate the effects of nutrients on plant production
- Explain the macronutrients and micronutrients needed in plant growth
- Evaluate plants for nutrient deficiencies
This course can fulfill either the CTEC requirement or the biological science credit. Students may receive transcripted credit for this course from Gateway Technical College.