AG151 - Bio Science/Animal Science
Course: AG151 - Bio Science/Animal Science
Grade: 9, 10, 11, 12
Subject Area: Agri-Science
This class will provide students with biological science in the large animal species. All farm production animal species will be discussed including cattle, pigs, and horses to turkey, rabbits, cats, dogs and bees. The reproductive systems as well as digestive systems, genetics and the physiology of udder function will be highlighted. This class can be applied as a 1/2 Biological Science equivalency in order to fulfill the graduation requirement.
- Identify careers in the animal industry
- Identify parts and functions of the reproductive systems of a male and female animal of one species
- Describe the control of reproductive cycles
- Explain breeding technologies of selected animals
- Explain the process of producing milk in mammals
- Identify parts of functions of the digestive system of a ruminant, a non-ruminant, and a pseudo-ruminant
- Identify the nutritional requirements of selected species
- Identify key scientific terms used in the animal industry
This course can fulfill either the CTE requirement or the biological science credit.