Delavan-Darien Foundation — Scholarships
Since 1972, the Delavan-Darien School District Foundation has been the principle provider of locally-funded scholarships to graduates of Delavan-Darien High School.
Each year, more than 50 scholarships worth more than $50,000 are presented to DDHS graduates.
The range of scholarship awards is broad, extending from $250 awards to the Bohn Family Scholarship, which totals $10,000.
Students must meet certain eligibility requirements when applying for each scholarship. Students who meet the necessary qualifications to be considered for scholarships are encouraged to apply. Information about each Foundation scholarship can be found in the database below.
No student shall, on the grounds of race, color, religion or national origin, be excluded from participating in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any scholarship sponsored by the Delavan-Darien School District Foundation, Inc.
Scholarship recipients are selected by the Foundation in consultation with school district administration and scholarship providers.
CRITERIA FOR FOUNDATION AWARDS
The following general criteria are considered in awarding scholarships and awards:
- Promise as a student and rank in the upper half of the graduating class.
- Participation in the co-curricular activity program, which in some cases may be specific depending upon the wishes of the donor.
- Other characteristics to include sincerity of purpose, and evidence of good school and community citizenship.
- Financial need is considered when all other qualifications are equal.
- Foundation scholarships are payable in the fall of the year when the Foundation Treasurer has received a fees paid receipt or a letter from the registrar as proof of enrollment, unless otherwise specified.
For more information about Foundation Scholarships, contact the DDHS Student Services office at 262-233-6647.