Comet Care Center
See below for our Wish List and how to make a donation or receive an item!
The Comet Care Centers are material resource rooms for students in need.
- They house donated:
- school supplies,
- outdoor wear,
- personal hygiene products,
- home products,
- and other items,
that are given to students whose families don’t have the financial resources to support them.
Both Comet Care Centers are supported entirely by donations.
- DDHS: The high school’s care center is for high school-aged students, and has items for “older kids.”
- Phoenix Middle School: The middle school’s care center holds items for students from preschool through grade 8.
Receive an Item(s)
Parents or students in need of an item or items should talk with their school’s counselor to discuss the student’s need and to set up a time to visit the appropriate Comet Care Center.
Make a Donation
- If you’d like to make a donation to our Comet Care Centers, you can drop off items to any school’s main office during normal operating hours.
- “Wish List items include such things as:
Item Description Age Type Gender Example More Info Alarm Clocks Elementary, Middle School, High School Educational Materials Boys or Girls Link Backpacks Preschool, high school School Supplies Boys or Girls Link Backpacks, both genders, various ages. Pens Preschool, Elementary, Middle School School Supplies Boys or Girls Link Blue or Black Shoe Laces Preschool Clothing – Indoor Boys or Girls Shoes Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, High School Clothing – Indoor, Clothing – Outdoor, Athletic Equipment Boys or Girls Link Gym Shoes, rubber soles, laces and/or velcro. (Velcro preferred for youngest students) Socks Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, High School Clothing – Indoor, Athletic Equipment Boys or Girls Link Plain, cotton gym socks for boys and girls. Various sizes. Underwear Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, High School Clothing – Indoor Boys or Girls Link Plain, cotton, comfortable undergarments are often needed for students of all ages.
For more information, call: 262-233-6762